Thursday, November 30, 2017

Experimenting with Backgrounds

Spent this week incorporating the idea of using busy patterns behind the alien heads, to see how they hold up. So I took some of my previous designs and placed them over a variety of background patterns like camouflage and foliage, or brightly colored line-work, and I think they held up pretty well. I think if I have the chance to get a shirt with a similarly busy design on it, I'd like the chance to try printing one of the designs on that to see how it interacts in that form as well. Also printed a few of these on shirts with iron-on transfer paper over Thanksgiving break, to get a quick mock-up of how these would look on solid colored t-shirts, and I'll bring those to class to be looked at.


Also did a few more quick alien head variations.


No comments:

Post a Comment