Monday, November 20, 2017

Ideas

After careful thought and research on Maya Lin and Christian Boltanski I started to think about how these structures would be oriented in a three dimensional form, what substance they would be made from and if I should focus on one of the of the six structures to become the monument itself. Which would best represent the sentiment of those that have passed through the halls of hardie or does that not necessarily matter to the design of the monument because of what they’re made from (pulled charcoal rubbing of damages on the walls). I don’t know how large I would make these structures and if they won't fit in the gallery I wouldn’t know where to place them. Or am I thinking too far ahead with some of my thoughts and concerns.

As an afterthought to all my other ones, can this project progress any further in a two dimensional format in any way, would I get more abstract I remember some ideas that were suggested but they don't feel like the right path even though they were great ideas.
 

2 comments: