Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Midscape Bestiary

I am creating a bestiary with creatures based in the world I am building; the Midscape. This world is an area in the (fictitious) afterlife and the creatures are hellbeasts of my own design. Their biology and existence has deep roots in the world and I am hoping to express that through their designs. The creatures are hellbeasts and will include satanic and pagan  symbolism in their designs. I will be studying the creation and origin of bestiaries in order to design my own with my own content. I also plan to do 3-D studies in sculpey and make the book itself interactive (see Dragonology for reference). This is going to be a study in biology in history all tied together in a book of designed spreads including spot illustrations, text, and other elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment