Thursday, September 28, 2017

Alexander Scriabin: Color chart






Alexander Scriabin was an avant garde musician from the late 1800's to the early 1900's who came up with a color system for musical notes. This chart I have posted above is his color chart to show what colors he assigned to which note. His color system is based on his own personal experience with synesthesia and mapped it out accordingly. We should be looking at this, because this is one perception color to music from an individual with synesthesia. To me this is a possible guide for when I create color visuals for my own written pieces; another piece of important research to my project. 


Here is an example of two chords being played. Thinking of ways to combine colors & seeing how they will overlap when played as chords.


No comments:

Post a Comment