Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Prototypes & Technology

I tried playing with different "prototypes" like we discussed in class with changing looks of the eye.

changing eyeshadow saturation
different eyebrow styles

changing eyeliner shapes

changing eye contouring



Talking in class made me think of how Snapchat lenses instantly distinguish faces and and can decorate/distort them in real time. I think this kind of technology would be interesting to look into, but is it impossible for me to use? This article/video shows generally how they do it.


https://petapixel.com/2016/06/30/snapchats-powerful-facial-recognition-technology-works/


This exercise is actually making me think a lot about sort of "digital makeup application" and the possibilities of creating artificial makeup entirely on the computer.

1 comment:

  1. can you describe what exactly you did (in terms of makeup application) to achieve these varied results?
    as if moving along a dial in photoshop's "levels" window... each position having a numeric value...
    I ask, because your "tool" might want to incorporate that degree of specificity.

    ReplyDelete